Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Funny Thing Happened Today...

So I woke up this morning, looking forward to Sean and my time at Grace. I was thinking about what I would say and the pictures that I would take...then this really odd thought entered my head...what would you do if you forgot your notes or your Bible..I couldn't imagine trying to do the message without those things..Yet the more I thought about it, I realized that if I truly believed that God was in control and that I was just an instrument for Him to use, I shouldn't be worried about notes and such. Really its not about me and my ability to speak or come up with good thoughts, I need to tap into God's power and allow Him to use me however He sees fit. Anyways, I still brought my notes with me (Girl Guides Motto: Always Be Prepared). So I packed Sean in, grabbed his diaper bag and off we went. Thankfully Grace isn't far from here so it wasn't much of a trip.

I quickly got out, shut my door, opened Sean's door, grabbed him, shut his door, then I stood in a stupified gaze..There on the passenger seat was Sean's diaper bag..(So.. big deal you say) well, you see the problem is that I locked my door and put the car key in the diaper bag...I also locked Sean's door..so there we were on the outside looking in. My notes, my Bible, all of Sean's nessecities were in the locked car.. I guess I was about to actually find out what it was going to be like to speak without my notes....Yikes!

As I walked into the school I was greeted by Gloria Wooldridge, and I'm sure that God put her there on purpose. She asked me how I was and I told her what foolish thing I had just done, she quickly took me aside and prayed for me. It was wonderful, she reminded me that this was about God not me..How reassuring!

My time at Chapel was awesome, I had no notes, no Bible but I had the peace and love of Christ leading me every moment, it was more than I could have hoped for! Praise the Lord!

So now, that that was over I still had to find a way back into my car. I called my husband ( his office is an hour's drive from here) and asked him what he thought would be the best thing to do. He thought I should call our landlord's son and see if they have a key to the house (the landlord is away to B.C right now and they have a spare car key). So I called, only to realize that their son and daughter in law were also away... The secretary at Grace, Judy Fanning (who is a most delightful woman, I'm so thankful for her helpfulness!) mentioned that maybe there is a spare key hidden at our house..I thought this was a wonderful idea so she let me borrow her car and I drove over in search of a hidden key..no such luck..I also tried every door and looked at every window, the place was locked up tight.

Back I went, I finally decided to call my dealership..boy did I feel dumb! When the lady answered I told her I was about to ask her one of the dumbest questions she would probably have all day. So I told her my situation and she put me through to the Service guys. Another thing about my Honda dealership is that its just down the road from the school! They said they would send a fellow up as soon as they could, which could mean 5 minutes or 30 minutes! Either way I was thankful that someone was able to help.

The service man was there in the 5 minutes and had my car open in less! I was so thrilled that I gave him a hug! I thanked him profusely and asked what the charge was..nothing he said, the hug was enough! How wonderful was that?!! Kudos to the Capital Honda Dealership!!

So thats my story..I'm just glad it wasn't Sean that I had locked up!

Here are just a couple pics for you to enjoy: hmmm for some reason Blogger won't let me post pictures at the moment..I'll try again later..Have a great day everybody! ...Finally Success!



More fun on the phone. And fun in the car!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Laura, it's so awesome how the Lord showed you that He is all you need. Pretty cool! I also think your predicament yesterday was pretty funny...I could picture the expression on your face as you looked into your locked car at your keys and necessities! :) I also think it's awesome that you hugged the guy. I bet he doesn't get too many hugs from customers in the run of a day! Who knows, maybe God knew that guy really needed a hug today and that's the whole reason your keys got locked in. :)

nbondt said...

Hey Laura sounds like you had one fun filled day :).... I love all the photos on your site...