Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Trials and Tribulations

Ahh, motherhood...so much to learn. I mean I thought I had this little guy figured out. I thought we had him in a great little routine and on schedule, this week so far has proven different. For the past two weeks we have had Sean in bed by 8 and wouldn't hear from him again until 5:30 or so, but not so this week. For some reason or other he now wakes up at 3:30!! I was fine with 5:30 but 3?! Are you kidding me? Needless to say this has taken quite the toll on body and mind. So I guess for Sean 3:30 is the new 5:30...please tell me that "this too shall pass" :)

Yesterday was doubly interesting since it was a 3:30 start and then when I was changing him I found this blister type thing on his leg and it appeared to have puss in it..(I know, not what you want to read about) but anyways, I called the doctor and went in only to find out it was a skin irritation and got a prescription for some ointment. Of course I'm thrilled that its nothing serious but I still feel a little silly. I desperately don't want to be one of those mothers that is off to the doctor's office over every little sniffle or such..Oh well, I guess its better to be safe than sorry.

Today was another 3:30 start, thankfully Sean is napping at the moment so I have some time to do some posting. I don't have any pictures to put up (still in the camera). I hope to have a couple more up this evening.

Have a good one everybody!

2 comments:

ShawnCuthill.com said...

"This too shall pass". But then comes the bed-wetting stage, the crib stage, the walking stage, the falling-down-the-stairs stage, the messy eater stage, the toilet traning stage and finally the school stage.

And then they turn 5 :)

enjoy the journey!

Mom Hope said...

Hi!No you are not an over anxious new mother. You are a very inteigent and concerned new mother, and to date you have made very sound judgement calls.The only fly in the ointment is, experience, and we all know that just takes time. Yes! Do enjoy the journey! you will never regret it.
Mom