Thursday, August 31, 2006

It's Official!! I'm 30!!!

Can you believe it?! Today I turned the big 3-0!! How cool is that?! I've often wondered what 30 felt like and I can now say without a doubt that 30 feels great! People often ask, if I could get into a time machine what age would I want to go back to. Honestly, I wouldn't want to go back. My 20's were great, went to university, met a lot of great people but also had lots of papers and exams to live through..I'd rather not do that again. And if your honest, I don't think there is a person in their right mind who would want to go back to their teen years! All that awkwardness! Then you have the single digit years, those were fine but you had to go to bed at bedtime and you couldn't just snack when you wanted to -- doing that, would spoil your dinner. Yeah, so if this is 30, I'm certainly happy to be here! I have my wonderful husband, my beautiful baby boy and this blog to reach all my family, my extended family and friends. What more could I want?!



Yummy Birthday maple tart! Sweet!


Good times at the Dundee Arms.

A fun family tradition. The whipcream on the nose! YUM

Marko:Mmmm, you smell like cookies.
Me: Ack! I just bit my lip! Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Stephanie / Shire said...

Laura! BIG congrats on joining me in the big 3-0. I'm glad to see you are taking it well. I guess it helps that you definately look younger. :)

Laura said...

Hey Stephanie!

Thanks, I think I'm going to enjoy being 30..So when are you going to start your blog so I can peek into your life eh?! ;)

Stephanie (Shire) said...

Hey Laura,

I need to have something to blog about first - - we're working on it. ;) ;) When I start one I'll be sure to let you in on it. :)

Laura said...

Hey Stephanie!

Thats so awesome!! I can't wait to hear all about it! :) Looking forward to reading more on your up and coming blog ;)

Shawn said...

Congrats Laura, I have one month left until this milestone...groan

Laura said...

Thanks Shawn!
Its not really all that bad being 30..Sure its no 20 or anything but still lots of good times to be had. I had a friend that told me when I turned 25 that I was now, a quarter dead! So yeah, since then age just hasn't meant as much. :)