Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Happy Anniversary!

That's us just 3 years ago! Wow, 3 years...I guess that isn't a whole heapin' lot of time, but in this day and age of quick marriages and even quicker divorces, I should say we are very fortunate to be married. I love being married to Marko. Although I will admit there was a time when I wasn't sure it was going to work...It was our first night in our own little apartment, the honeymoon was over, the presents unpacked and now it was time to face reality. We kissed goodnight, ready to drift off to dreamland...When to my utter horror this nearly ear poppingly loud noise began emanating from my husband's mouth and nose. How can this be?! I wondered. I rolled over and stared at him, mind you with it being dark and all I couldn't see a darn thing. I rolled back over and pressed my face into my pillow hoping that this would dampen the noise but alas and alack, my ears were filled with the sound of my dear husband's snoring, or as some would put it deep breathing. I got out of bed and began pacing and thinking, how is this going to work, we've barely been married a week and now it looks like we'll need seperate rooms?! How will we ever have a family this way?!! I love my sleep, I've got to sleep, but how?! And that's when the answer came to me and I quietly climbed back into bed, snuggled down in the sheets and gave Marko a sharp jab in the side. He turned over and the noise stopped..Ahhhh blissful sleep!

All joking aside, I just want to say thank you to Marko's mom and dad for having such a wonderful son. I love this man with all my heart, even the snoring..well I'm working on it. I couldn't imagine my life without my wonderful and ever helpful hubby!

I Love You, Marko!! (((Marko)))

I have another admission to make, these pictures are pictures I took of pictures taken by Nancy Thomas. You should definetly go and check out her photography site (it's there on my sidebar), you'll get lots of great ideas for Christmas gifts!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Stephanie (Shire) said...

Oh yeah, I forgot we had the exact same anniversary date! Congratulations to all four of us on our anniversary day! Woo-hoo for three years of marital bliss. :)

Rona's Home Page said...

Happy Belated Anniversary wishes

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Anniversary , Marko and Laura.
love Mom Peric

Laura said...

Hey Stephanie! Happy Belated Anniversary!! So cool that we got married on the same day!! So what did you guys do for fun?

Shire/Stephanie said...

Hey Laura! On Thanksgiving weekend we decided to celebrate our anniversary a couple of days early so we spend a relaxing weekend at his parents' cottage, just the two of us. It was great! On our actual anniversary day we got some potentially wonderful news...but it's too soon to talk about it yet... ;)

Laura said...

oh I'm so excited Stephanie, can't wait to hear all about it!!!!!!!!!