Wednesday, November 29, 2006

More New Discoveries

Sean has few more new tricks up his sleeve to share with Mommy. Today he found out that a straw is not only good for sucking up liquid but also mighty good for blowing bubbles in said liquid! He was quite pleased with the bubbles all his blowing would produce!

Today we had company, Carolyn (the Mommy) and her girls, Kaylee (2) and Catherine (6 months). Kaylee and Sean had a blast together. Kaylee taught Sean how to hide in his toy cabinet. Sean was super impressed with this. Kaylee would hide in it and call for Sean and he would chuckle all the way over to the cabinet and then they both would squeal with delight when Sean found her. Sean was also very interested in Catherine. She was in her car seat when she arrived and Sean wanted desperately to get her out of it so she could play. Catherine and Sean both seem to enjoy the comfort of sticking an object, any object in their mouth. This could be the beginning of a wonderful friendship! So long as they don't want to suck the same thing at the same time!

I got my first big "kiss" from Sean this evening. I was just holding him before putting him to bed and he put a hand on either side of my face and looked up at me so I went in to give him a kiss. I kissed his upper lip while he licked my chin. It was ever so sweet and rather wet!

1 comment:

Mike said...

My 3-year old uses the straw to blow bubbles in his drink, too. My 1-year old uses it to ... well, floss.

Hmp.

Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/