Friday, August 03, 2007

A Bit of a Bumpy Road

This past little while has been a fair bit bumpy for my little guy. First off the little guy is cutting four teeth at the same time. Two on the top and two on the bottom. Sean has never had any real problem cutting teeth before. But this has not at all been easy for him. He complains of pain in his ear and eyes and the best I can do with him is drug him up... not my favourite thing to do.

Did I mention that while we were at Orwell Corner Sean got a burn...not a very serious one but enough to send his mommy, grammie and auntie off to the bathroom with him. He and grammie had gone to check out the cool motorcycles that had come into the yard and in his investigating it seems that Sean just happened to touch exhaust manifold of one of the bikes. It was still quite hot. He got a bit of a blister but not much more thankfully. Mostly due to the quick thinking of his grammie who got his hand under the cold water in a hurry!

A few days later, Sean got his first bee sting! After weeding some of the front garden, I had stepped back inside, leaving Sean and Auntie Linda at the garden. When I came back upstairs, Grammie had an ice cube wrapped in a damp cloth pressed against Sean's little cheek. Apparently there is a bee that lives under the front step that had decided that Sean was getting a little too close for comfort. Sean had let out a yelp and wailed but by the time I got to him he was okay. Thankfully Sean is not allergic to bee stings.

Then on Thursday morning Sean woke up with a rash all over his little body. Normally not a whole big deal but with me being all pregnant we figured it might be a good idea to get this looked into. So I called our family doctor who just happens to be on vacation...so no luck there. I called my mom to see what she thought of it and she agreed it should be checked out. I even called the Public Health Nurse to see if she thought I might be over reacting, she also agreed that it was well worth looking into. She informed me that there was a walk in clinic open at the local phamacy. Great now I was getting somewhere...if only I had a car...This is where my best friend Jennie came to our rescue (Marko had already left for work in our car). She willingly jumped out of bed and came right over to take us there.

As you can well imagine there was already a fairly long line up, we grabbed our number and settled in to wait. Sean totally lucked out when this sweet little boy came up to him to share his bag of toys with him. The two of them had a blast running the trucks and cars on the floor. While we were there, we happened to bump into Brian's brother Rob and chatted with him for awhile. Then I saw my first supervising teacher walk by so I had a great little chat with him. Then I saw one of my past students in the line up for the clinic and I had a quick chat with him...Who knew you could get so much visiting done at a walk in clinic?!!

Once we finally got in to see the doctor Sean had hit his melting point. The boy was throwing the largest fit I have ever seen or heard on this planet. The doctor was able to check his ears and eyes and they were fine (so at least we knew that the pain he was feeling there was from the teething) and he checked his throat and again it was clear so no question of strep. His final call was to just keep up the Tylenol and let the rash take care of itself. I was happy enough with this answer. I might have asked a few more questions but by this time Sean was screaming at the top of his lungs. The doctor mentioned that it was good that I was so patient with him...I have to admit that I wasn't feeling all that patient...

Today we went to the beach and Sean had an absolute blast!! That was until the storm came up and wind picked up so much it was pretty much just beating us down with sand. A kind young man did his best to shelter us as the worst of it passed by then we just made a mad dash to the car. Once there we were all able to let out a sigh of relief.

So yeah, life has been interesting!

"I'm gonna get you Auntie Linda!!"


Isn't this just the cutest?!


The ominous thunder clouds.

What a cutie!!


My token artsy fartsy photo


Boy must be feeling better!!!


I'm not sure that Auntie Linda is enjoying this as much as Sean is!!


Splash time!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I'm glad to see Sean is feeling better. Brayden is also cutting teeth this week, his seem to come in twos and he is like a BEAR! I hope Sean's come through soon, without too much more pain!