Saturday, August 04, 2007

Random Meme

This is a meme I saw at MommyBrain and I thought it would be fun to do too...So here goes.

The questions Carrie asked me are:

1. What has been the biggest surprise about motherhood?
Great question! Let's see, I was surprised by just how much our lives changed after Sean arrived. I remember people asking me if we were "ready" yet before he was born and my answer was always I guess so...There were a lot of things that happened that no book or prenatal class covered and that was quite the shock to the ol' system!

2. What is different about being pregnant with #2 as opposed to #1?
This time around I'm definetly more relaxed about it. I have a better idea of what to expect from my body and not to be too surprised that I'm not showing yet. Where I was anxious about the labour process with Sean I'm not so much with this one. This time I'm wondering more about Sean's reaction to his new sibling.

3. What is the scariest movie you've ever watched?
I don't remember the title of it and I didn't finish watching it. What I remember from it was a girl was babysitting when she starts getting calls for her to check on the kids. She was freaked out about this and finally calls the police to trace the calls to find out where they were coming from, and they find out that they were coming from inside the house...yipes!

4. How did you meet your husband?
This has got to be one of my favourite stories!! My best friend and I were on our way out for a girls night out and we decided to go to Pizza Delight for supper. Just as we walked in we noticed a table of all our friends there and they invited us to eat with them. After supper we went to the Inns on Great George for a game of Risk. Both Jennie and I along with a few others had no idea how to play and so Mike was pairing people up with those who were seasoned players. He went around the room and skipped me and so I said what about me? Well I could be Marko's partner when he got there. Maybe 5 minutes later Marko walked in and we set out on a little adventure to conquer the world...And we did!! We were King and Queen of the world!!

5. What are your plans for school for your kids, homeschool, public or private?
This is an interesting question for me, as I used to be a teacher before I became a mommy. I taught in both the public and private schools. There is a private Christian school just a stone's throw away from us that I used to teach at and we may send our kids there. But if I'm not working outside the home then I plan on homeschooling.


The Rules of the Meme:
1. Leave me a comment saying anything random, like [the food you hate most in all the world]. Something random. Whatever you like.
2. I respond by asking you five personal questions so I can get to know you better.
3. You will update your [blog] with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and offer to ask someone else in the post.
5. When others comment asking to be asked, you will ask them five questions.

So, if you want to play along, leave me a random comment!

3 comments:

Carrie K. said...

Thanks for playing along - I enjoyed reading your answers! I love the story of how you met your husband - I'm assuming his name is Marko?

Sarah said...

The movie is "When a Stranger Calls" I watched it when I was younger too and it was by far the SCARIEST movie I have ever watched, bar none!!

Mike said...

Hmm. Interesting. When my wife was pregnant with my now 2-year old, I worried about how my 4-year old would react.

"We're going to have a baby coming to our home," I remember telling my 4-year old, who was then 2 years old.

He looked at me and said, "Did you get it at Toys R Us?"


Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/