Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Time to Think Pink!!

If you didn't know already October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month! To celebrate different companies are doing different things. For instance Casio has a great deal on a digital camera:
"This October, in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Casio, Inc. will release a special-edition camera bundle, featuring a pink EX-Z75, a camera case embossed pink stitching and a pink ribbon-clad lanyard to show their proud support of the National Breast Cancer Foundation (NBCF). "http://www.casiousa.com/
And guess what else? One of my favourite blogs ( 5 Minutes for Mom) is having a contest to win one of these sassy little cameras:
Now I realize the odds of me actually winning this camera are all but nill (last time I checked there were well over a thousand hopefuls signed up!) it's still a great cause to promote! My mom is not only a breast cancer survivor she is also a brain tumour survivor! And I only found out today that October is also Brain Tumour Awareness month! http://www.braintumour.ca/
Now with all my shameless plugs for cameras and charities out of the way I can tell you about Sean. He is doing great with his big boy bed. We put his old crib mattress down beside his bed for any more possible "incidents" but he hasn't had a fall since! The potty training is well...let's just say it's going. This evening in the tub he spied the toilet paper and said "Sean bum wipe, bum wipe!" So I thought what the heck, and passed him some t.p and he happily wiped his littly tushy and plunked the t.p in the toilet! Too funny!
The pregnancy is going great just gearing up for the third and final trimester! I can hardly believe it. We have just about everything together for the baby's arrival so that's a load off my mind. Spent last evening cleaning the infant car seat, the bouncy seat and a couple other items. I went through Sean's old infant sleepers and whatnot to find some gender neutral outfits to put in the baby's dresser. It was so neat to look and hold those things and remember Sean once being small enough to fit in them!
In other news my cousin (whom I rarely see) was on the local news the other day. Mom told me tonight so Marko and I searched for the news story and lo and behold there he was! I was chuffed! Here's his pic:

This is my cousin Jeff, my Mom's oldest brother's son. My uncle and his family have lived out west since I can remember and it's always great to catch up with them. I was really grateful to see Janet and her daughter the weekend we were in NS and now it's cool to see Jeff on tv!! (Oh and it was great to see uncle John too :) Don't want him to feel left out or anything.

No comments: