Saturday, November 24, 2007

Santa Claus Came to Town and We Missed It

And I have to say that I'm not sorry. Not that I have anything against the jolly old elf but there was no way on God's green earth that I was going to stand in the freezing cold to watch a parade go by this evening. Yes, today was the big Santa Claus Parade in Charlottetown. Marko and I talked about going to it, but in the end we came to the conclusion that this just isn't a Peric thing. Sean, to put it mildly, tolerated the Gold Cup and Saucer Parade in August when the weather was much more agreeable. So I couldn't really see him getting that much out of being bundled up and enduring a runny nose to watch flashy floats go by. And really, I couldn't see myself getting all bundled up and dealing with a runny nose either. We may be the party pooper Perics but at least we got to stay home where it was warm and dry, with lots of Christmas decorations and exceedingly less crazy traffic to deal with!

We did venture to the WalMart before the parade and Oh, My Word, the TRAFFIC! It was unbelievable! And people were making all kinds of horrible driving decisions. Such as entering an interesection when there is no possible space for you to exit it! When we were out and heading home, we got to an intersection where this happened and when we got a green light there was a car right in front of us trying to make the left turn! Thankfully there was enough room behind them that we could make our way through, but MAN how oblivious can you be?!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Hi Laura!

I just wanted to let you know that I got the photo in the mail yesterday and it's beautiful! Thanks so much for it!

Emily

Sarah said...

We had Brayden's pictures done at Walmart yesterday, and it was a MADHOUSE!! We learned our lesson. We also went to the parade, and froze, but I did want Brayden to see Santa, since he is going around saying HO HO HO!

amanda weed said...

Hmmmm... I remember many years ago, two crazy friends headed out for said parade in crazy hats and bells and stuff, and waved like crazy people at Santa....