Monday, December 10, 2007

So, I've Been Thinking...

Thinking that it's high time I did something. While I love our apartment and the whole open concept of it all, the ceramic tiles in the kitchen have become the bane of my existance!! Well, perhaps it also has to do with my apparently perpetually greasy fingers and the whole gravity thing too. As you may have guessed, I have lost yet another piece of dinnerware to my unforgiving kitchen floor. And in my haste to clean up the many pieces of what used to be a nice little tea cup, I managed to cut myself...twice. It was not one of my more shining moments to say the least!

And that's when I got to thinking, thinking that I should just get it over with in one foul swoop. Why not?!! Just gather up every single glass, cup, plate, bowl, serving platter, essentially any smashable thing I own and just throw every single last bit of it at the floor at one time!! I could save myself the agony of losing one dish at a time. And then just invest in a much more practical dinnerware set made entirely of plastic!! I'm sure I could pick up some really fine pieces at any of our local Dollar stores!!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I have the same problem and often contemplate going to plastic everything to save my self the pain and blood loss. We can rent a rubber room together if you like :)

Laura said...

A rubber room you say?! I like the way you think!! :)

ShawnCuthill.com said...

oh that nasty floor!!! the horror, the memories!

amanda weed said...

OOOH OOOH OOOH!!! Can we smash dishes on Friday night?!?!?! Yaaaay!!!!