Monday, January 28, 2008

What a Boy...

He makes me laugh, he makes me cry, he makes me want to pull my hair out sometimes!! And today was just one of those days...Poor fella, didn't seem to matter what he did we just kept getting in each other's way. I think the biggest shocker for me though, was when I went into his room only to discover that he had managed to move his bookcase so that it was now perpendicular to the wall!! Definitely a hair raising type experience! I was not at all impressed with his new found herculean abilities. Then he thought it might be fun to try flipping his rocking chair over and standing on that...Also not something I'm all that keen on.

But then, there were the other times when he was so helpful or playful that I just wanted to hold him close and kiss him all over. He was quick to help me with Emma-Lyn, if I needed a blanket, he would go and get it. If she was fussing, he would go over to rock her (unfortunately his style of rocking resembles the tumble cycle of the dryer). And when it came down to just some Sean and me time, we had oodles of fun playing cars, peek-a-boo and horsey.

Ahh, the challenges and joys of motherhood!!

No comments: