Friday, February 08, 2008

A Beautiful Day

Yes, today was just down right wonderful which when compared to yesterday and the day before well, I've never had it so good!! Speaking of yesterday, Sean and I had ourselves a bit of a falling out of sorts. You see, Sean has always been really good about picking up his toys before supper time until now. Now, whether this now is because Emma-Lyn is here or it's because the wee little lad is two, I don't really know. All I know is that I'm constantly in a power struggle to get him to clean up and last night was no exception. So me, in all my infinite wisdom, ahem, told Sean that if he didn't pick them up I would pick them up AND I would also take them away! HA (or so I thought) He just looked at me and said, "Mommy pick them up, take away." Say WHAT?!! Argh. But I picked them up and reassured him that the toys would not be here in the morning and he better say good bye to his toys...so he did- quite happily I may add. harmph..

I'm sure there was smoke coming out of my ears by that point. But you know what?! I think taking away a lot of his toys was the best thing I could have done! He had a great day today, playing with just a couple of toys. He busied himself by counting them and just imagining with them. It was great to see him be so creative with his toys instead of having melt downs about everything. That's not to say that today didn't see one or two melt downs because certainly there were a couple but not of the magnitude that they had been!! I was soooo happy.

So here's to the weekend everybody!

Don't you just love his new chapeau?!

Hanging out on the couch.


And now for some pictures of Emma-Lyn and this time she doesn't have her head smooshed into a blanket!


No comments: