Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Colour Purple...

I like the colour purple. It looks really good on grapes and plums and even some articles of clothing. Do you know who else likes the colour purple? Sean does...He likes it a lot...or at least he did this morning.

While I was taking a few minutes to read email and the like while Sean went to his room. Nothing odd or unusual about that. What was unusual was the lack of noise my dear son was making in his room. And the thought did actually cross my mind, that maybe I should go check on the wee lad. But then I heard him cough or sneeze or some other such thing and didn't think anymore about it. Turns out I really should have thought more about it.

After a good 5-10 minutes of alone time in his room, Sean popped out and with a huge smile on his face, came up to me with something protruding out of his mouth. It was crayon, purple crayon. He still had most of it in his hand but apparently he really wanted to know what crayon tasted like. He quickly spit it out and mentioned that it tasted yucky. At this point I began to realize just what my sweet son may have been doing in his room for so long being so quiet with such a lovely shade of crayon in his hand.

I jumped out of my chair, yanked the crayon out of Sean's hand and ran into his room. He had definitely been decorating. Both the outside and inside of his door had been coloured, there were some lovely scribbles on his desk, chair, chalkboard, bookcase and two walls!! Needless to say I was not impressed and at that time not able to see any humour in the situation. I gave Sean a rather loud sermon about where we do and don't colour and there was a spanking.

I had no idea what to use to get crayon off of walls so I tried hot water and dish detergent. It wasn't much use. So I went to the ever helpful Google search and found out that a damp cloth and some baking soda will do the trick. And do the trick it did! Thankfully. Sean is now down for his nap and I think it's time I took a nap too...Hope you're all having a good day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What?! No pictures of Sean's perfect purple playroom?!! Not even one to show off his fantastic artistic talent?! Tut-tut dearest sister how could you deny your readers; Nay the World... of showing your wonderous son's creativity and nack for portraying the beauty that is the colour Purple?!

tons of love for the whole purple Peric family
From ME
CrAzY dragon

Sassy_Canuk said...

an eraser will also work on crayon ;) the white ones work the best

Mike said...

I love purple, too.


Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/

http://www.mikeleonen.com/