Wednesday, March 12, 2008

What Should I Do Now

During the day I don't usually find myself asking that question. Usually there is always plenty to do to keep running around. There's usually dishes and laundry and the floors to sweep and so on. No sooner do I have something done then theres some other task just waiting to be done.

But today, I got done what I wanted to do and was left standing in the kitchen wondering what to do next. Emma-Lyn was sleeping and Sean was playing happily by himself so they didn't need me. The kitchen and basically the rest of the apartment looked good. So I sat myself down and did some knitting!! The last time I had a moment to sit and knit, was probably before Christmas. It was really nice to sit down and finish up an afghan I had been working on. I was really surprised that Sean didn't bother me while I was working. He did come over and check the whole thing out though.

Cute story about Sean: First, I should mention that there have been times where Sean having done something wrong, I would growl him. And then afterwards I would apologize for raising my voice and ask him to forgive me, which he seems quite happy to do.

So, this evening just after bath time, Sean was sitting on the pot and I had to get up and get something from our room so I told him to stay there and that I would be back in a minute. No sooner had I gotten to our room but Sean was hot on my trail. I spun around, pointed to the door, raised my voice and told him to get back to the bathroom. He quickly got himself turned around and back in the bathroom in no time.

When I rejoined him there, I scowled at him and was going to share a quick sermon on staying put when Mommy asks you to, when he quickly interjected with an "I'm sorry Mommy, I'm sorry." He was looking so sincere, that I let it drop and got to the business of getting him dressed again. As he got up from the pot, he looked at me, put his hand on my shoulder and said, "I forgive you, Mommy. I forgive you." I didn't realize that I needed forgiving this time, but I'll accept it anyways! :)

Tomorrow is a big day for Emma-Lyn. It's her 2 month doctor's appointment. I can hardly believe that she's going to be 2 months old!! I can't wait to find out how much she's grown!

No comments: