Monday, March 17, 2008

Where to Find the Time...

to blog that is. I was asked not that long ago where I find the time to blog so I thought it would be fun to give you a quick little review of what a day in the life of the Peric household looks like.

5:00 am or so I'm up to feed Emma-Lyn. About 10 minutes later we're both back down for more sleep.

6:00 Sean is up and so is Daddy. They're off and running to start the day. Marko changes Sean's diaper and gets him dressed as well as getting breakfast into him.

6:40 or so, I roll outta bed to let Marko get a couple more winks before officially starting his day. I get my coffee and then Sean and I will read or play together.

7:10 Marko is up and off to the shower.

7:30 Sean and I watch Monkey George (that is, Curious George) Halfway through Marko will bless both Sean and I and be off to work.

8:00 or thereabouts, Emma-Lyn is up for another feeding. This time she stays up for a while to check things out and have her big brother play with her.

8:30- 10:00 I try to get housework done. Which is different from day to day. Today it was sweeping the floors in the kitchen and living room, doing laundry and catching up on dishes.

10:00 is snack time. Both Sean and I enjoy snack time! Emma-Lyn is usually napping at this point.

10:30 -11:30 is more play time. Sometimes this is when Sean and I will do our baking and other times I try to do a specific craft type activity with him. Like today we did more paint hand prints (his favourite!)

11:30 is lunch time. Emma-Lyn usually wakes up in the middle of this so I quickly wrap up lunch with Sean, take him to the potty, read his nap time story, sing, pray and off to dreamland he goes.

12:20 or thereabouts I get Emma-Lyn fed and enjoy her company just me and her for awhile. Once she is back down I might also grab a nap or I'll read my Bible and pray or catch up on email.

1:30 Sean is usually up by now and we go to check the mail (we have one of those community mail boxes which is about 50 feet from the end of our driveway) We also might stay out for a bit depending on the weather and how long Emma-Lyn has been down for her nap.

2:30 Grab a second viewing of good ol' Monkey George.

3:00 Emma-Lyn is up for another feeding and some awake time. She goes on the floor for some tummy time and then into her swing. Sean likes to grab his blanket and lay beside her for tummy time.

3:00 - 5:30 is play time and supper prep. Play time can include playing ball, or driving trucks or just reading and rereading Sean's favourite books.

5:30 is clean up time for Sean and usually another feeding for Emma-Lyn.

5:45 is supper time for Sean. Emma-Lyn hangs out in her swing while Sean and I do supper. I like to read scripture verses to him then. He seems less distracted then and hey why not feed your soul while filling your body right?!

6:15 is bath time. Usually half way through bath time Marko comes home and takes Emma-Lyn out of the swing to give her some lovin'

6:30 we're heading off to bed. I take Emma-Lyn from Marko and he and Sean get comfortable on Sean's bed while Emma-Lyn and I also cuddle up on the bed. Marko reads the bedtime story. Then Marko and I sing 2 lullabies and Marko prays over Sean and Emma-Lyn.

7:00 The boy should be in bed and off to dreamland. But this is not always the case so sometimes we get a couple more visits before the little lad takes the hint.

7:10 It's Emma-Lyn's turn for the bath and then a feeding and then she too is off to sleep.

7:30 Marko and I get to have our supper.

8:00 - 11:30 is time for us to get anything that needs to be done done. For instance any laundry I didn't get finished or the garbage goes out OR I get to blog! So that's when I do it.

12:30 Emma-Lyn is up for feeding. 10 minutes later she and I are both back to bed to start things up again around 5 in the morning!

So there you have it a brief snapshot into life at our house. Today when Sean and I were doing the handprint thing he happened to spy a pair of children's scissors and wanted desperately to try them out. So I showed him how they worked, fit his little fingers in the holes and held the paper for him as he snipped away chanting "Open, shut, open shut," as the blades cut through the paper. He did a great job! He's getting to be such a big boy!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Wow, you really opened my eyes to what two babies are going to be like!! A mom's day is never done, but I don't think any of us would change a thing, I know I wouldn't!