Thursday, April 03, 2008

It's Been a Bit of a Day...

It all started this morning with Emma-Lyn having two big poops. Which of course doesn't sound all that off since babies are supposed to make a lot of poop, but Emma-Lyn just doesn't. She definitely isn't a once a day pooper, she's more of a once a week kinda gal. So when she does poop its a bit of a surprise.

Lunch time provided some more surprises. While it wasn't a surprise that our landlord has been working on his stairs, it was a big surprise when this work set our smoke alarm off (our smoke alarm and theirs are connected so if one goes off so does the other). This means that while we were eating our lunch we were serenaded by the ear piercing wailing of the alarm and there wasn't a thing we could do about it. Luckily it stopped quickly, unluckily it started up again and seemed to want to continue for some time. It was then that I realized that I could take the thing down, unluckily I couldn't figure out how to do that. Luckily Marko was online and I was able to ask him how to do it and finally I did manage to get the blasted thing down! Phew!

Thankfully all the noise from upstairs stopped for nap time, which I took full advantage of! When Sean finally got up from his nap I noticed that he just didn't seem himself. He had a poopy pull up and was exceptionally whiny. After changing him I decided to check his temperature it was hovering between 100 and 101...Not great. He felt quite hot too. He didn't want to play but instead just wanted me to read book after book after book. I was able to oblige him until it was time to feed Emma-Lyn.

At that point he started complaining that his stomach was itchy so I told him to go lay down on his bed for a bit. Halfway through feeding Emma-Lyn, I heard the unmistakable sound of throw up and did my best to quickly unlatch her and go see to Sean. Before I could do that though, Sean came out of his room looking for a cloth to clean up his mess!! Can you believe it? He wasn't crying or complaining, just looking for a cloth to take care of his mess. I got his bed sheets off and him cleaned up and took his temperature again. This time it was down to 99. He also started acting like his old self again which was great to see!

Whatever he had, I'm hoping it is already done. He seems to be sleeping well tonight so we'll see how he is in the morning.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I hope Sean is feeling better. We had a trip to outpatients last night with a 103 temp that Brayden had. he has the croup and it's not nice :(

Anonymous said...

Wow Sean is just so responsible and so grown up and so cute. I wouldn't react that way if i was sick and had thrown up and i am grown up.

Linda