Thursday, May 22, 2008

Questions, questions, questions

Sooo many questions. Sean has definitely hit that age of asking many questions. His personal fave at the moment is, "What's that?" He'll ask it even when he knows what it is, it's like he's just testing you to make sure you know what it is. Sometimes I'll say it's something it's not. For example, one time we were driving along and Sean asked, "What's that?" while he was pointing at a school bus. So I told him that it was a truck and he said,
"No Mommy, that's not a truck. Maybe it's a school bus."
brief pause.
"No it's not a truck, it's a school bus." Or sometimes I'll just say I don't know what something is and he'll respond with a maybe it's a and the name of the object. So funny!


Sean loves to climb up beside Emma-Lyn and just sit with her. Here I actually asked him to smile and this is what I got.

And I have to tell you that Emma-Lyn ADORES her big brother. Any time he pays any attention to her she just lights right up like a Christmas tree and gurgles.

"Mmmmmm, yummmy fingers...must suck them!!"

"Ahhhh, that's better."

2 comments:

Mike said...

My kids ask: "Why is a question a question?"


Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/

Laura said...

Hey Mike, now that's a stumper!! What do you say to that?!