Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Fall and The Flood...

and no, I'm not talking about the first 8 chapters of Genesis. :) By 'The Fall,' I mean, the season. I love this time of year. I love the crispness of the air, I love how good a cup of hot chocolate tastes after being out for a walk in the cool air, and I love the absolutely breath taking colours of the leaves. It is just so beautiful. So I take lots n lots of pictures of leaves n' stuff, just cause I think they're so pretty.

Now for the flood part. The flood, I'm not so in love with. This past Saturday, the kiddos and I went to Summerside for a ladies conference which was really great. It was so inspiring and great to hear so many different testimonies. I'd have to say the most touching for me was the music. There just seem to be some songs that just reach my soul and make me cry...which of course makes singing difficult but still I love to sing and especially to sing praise to the Lord.

Anyhoo, all this to tell you that that left Marko home all by himself. I figured he'd jump back into bed and enjoy a quiet home. But no, he got his day started and puttered about the apartment doing odd jobs. Then in the afternoon, he decided to kick back and watch a little t.v. and while he was watching he happened to hear water dripping from our bathroom. When he reached our bathroom and saw all the water coming down from the ceiling he wondered just how much more water was upstairs waiting to fall. Apparently something broke in the toilet upstairs and no one was in the house. Thankfully, they weren't all that far away, just in the backyard. So, Marko rounded them up and they all got to work getting things under control.

As it stands now, we have some ceiling tiles to be replaced and a heavy duty fan going in the bathroom. So if you're the superstitious type this should be the last of our set of three. One fire and two floods...lets hope that's the end. :)

No comments: