Saturday, October 11, 2008

Five Whole Years Ago...

We were newlyweds! Our new life together just beginning, rich in anticipation and enthusiasm we hardly knew what would happen next!

In five years, we've both changed jobs. You used to work with RadioShack (before it became the Source). Now you work with MarineNav. I was a full time teacher at Grace Christian School and now I'm a full time Mommy! So that means within these five years we've had two beautiful children!

We've lived through a fire in our apartment and the usual ups and downs of everyday life. I remember one of our first nights here and being horrified at your snoring, now I just give you a nudge and we both fall back to sleep. :)

I love our chat time we have before we drift off to sleep. I love being able to talk to you about anything and everything and having lively chats about it all. I love the way you make me feel. I love how you hold me, and reach out for hugs when I need them most. I love how you love our children. I love how you ask me how you can help even when you'd rather be doing something else. I love how you lead our family. I love how you make time for God every morning. I love just how darn cute you are!! ( I guess we all know where Sean and Emma-Lyn get it!!)

You know it's true what they say, although you think you love the person you're marrying the day of your wedding, you do love them even more every day after that! I love you, Marko Peric. I love you so very, very much.
Then:
Saturday October 11, 2003

Now:

5 comments:

Carrie K. said...

Congratulations!

Oh, I love your new blog look, too. I've been reading through Google Reader, so I don't always click over, so it's new to me. :)

Bonnie said...

Happy Anniversary you two. Hope you have a wonderful weekend and enjoy it to the fullest!

Anonymous said...

Ok, THAT was beautiful! Wow! Nicely put Laura! Congratulations to the both of you and many, many more!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Tammy

Amanda said...

Happy anniversary to you two, Meemer! It's hard to believe it's been 5 years already... Steve and I hit 6 last month and it seems like the time has flown, too.

I miss you lots! Love ya!

Laura said...

Thanks gals! We had a wonderful weekend!