Monday, October 06, 2008

Rough and Tumble

So, Sunday was a bit rough around the edges shall we say. Before we even left the house Sean was already in fine temper tantrum form. And I just didn't feel like I had the energy to deal with it. Nonetheless we got in the car and went to church.

I got Emma-Lyn into the nursery and then headed into the sanctuary with Marko and Sean. We were late and it would seem all the back pews were full so we ended up pretty near front row center (now the first couple of rows are turned sideways, which means that if you're in one of those pews most of the congregation has a pretty good view of you.) Sean was not at all interested in sitting quietly or really sitting at all. He was wiggly, whiny and just Oh My Word. Why I didn't get his books out for him, I don't really know. Maybe I thought they wouldn't keep him occupied anyways or perhaps I was afraid he might try to discover how good his throw is. At any rate I didn't get them out and ended up taking him out at least 4 times. Four agonizing times. I was so drained by the end of it, I thought I'd burst into tears, but luckily we got through it. The lady behind us helped us out by passing Sean a little notepad of paper to scribble on. This helped immensely. I will definitely be bringing a pack of distractions for the little man for next time.

The afternoon was amazing. We went for a lovely drive in the country. I tried to get some fun fall photos and then we headed to the park. Sean loves going to Glen Stewart Park, it has so much fun stuff to do and lots of gravel for him to play with. But even better than gravel is a few teenage boys who befriend you and chase you, tickle you, lift you and carry you all over the playground. I could hardly believe it! Here were 3 guys who not only were okay with Sean playing with them, but they actually wanted to play with him. So here's to Jeffery, T.J and Lincoln who made Sean's day! Thank you so much!

No comments: