Sunday, November 02, 2008

Had Ourselves a Snap-happy Sunday!

We had a very lovely Sunday. While I'm not the biggest fan of snow, I do get a little excited when it does start to fall. I think it's more when the white stuff is still coming down in droves by the end of February that it really starts to wear my nerves thin. So this morning I was all excited to see the snow falling outside our window and I pointed it out to Sean, who also got quite excited. His exact words: "It's snowing Mommy, can I make a snowman?!!!" Thankfully, not today but I think it's going to be a hoot to build a snowman with him when we do get a good dumping of snow.

We enjoyed our Sunday services. Although, first meeting didn't go as well as I had hoped. I had to take Sean out twice to settle him. But he really enjoyed his Sunday school class and Emma-Lyn apparently is a hoot in the nursery or so said the attendant. I enjoyed the message during second meeting. I think my favourite quote from it was: "You're not ready to live until you're ready to die." It really struck me when he said that. He told us how he had been held at gun point. In fact his assailant had the gun to the back of his head and had cocked it and threatened to kill him. His response was, "Go ahead kill me, I know I'm going to heaven." You just can't threaten someone with heaven. That was cool.

After lunch and naptime we headed out for a little Sunday afternoon drive. We just love going for little trips here and there, never all that far but, just nice to get out and maybe take a few photos. So that's what we did and I thought I'd share the pictures I took. God's creation just never ceases to amaze me!


Golden Evening

Autumn Harvest

Sunset Blaze

Quiet Solitude

Field of Gold

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

know a lady here that knows Melody Green and she has stayed at her house. you must read about Richard Wurmbrandt.
Grammie Peric
who was speaking and had such a interesting tale