Wednesday, November 26, 2008

She is a Force to be Reckoned With...


My sweet baby girl who may only seem the size of a peanut, is not one to be trifled with! No Siree, Bob! Take this evening at supper for instance, everything was going great. I had served Sean and I our pizza and was spoon feeding Emma-Lyn her cereal when it happened. Baby girl pitched a fit...the funny part is that I had just begun wondering if she would ever do her little screams anymore...I need not wonder any more. She screamed! Oh, she was not thrilled. And at first, I couldn't figure out why. She loves this type of cereal, nothing was pinching her, Sean wasn't pestering her so what in the world could be causing her so much grief... Then it hit me, she was sorely unimpressed by the fact that she was NOT eating what the rest of us were eating. She's always been the type to try whatever you might have in your hand but really had never made too much ado about it. Well, I guess tonight was the last straw, she would have none of this and was not satisfied until I shared some of my pizza with her! Which she utterly enjoyed...Go figure!

On another note, weaning has begun in full force now. When she started solids, I began giving her a bottle after her supper while still nursing her before bed time and through the day. Well, now I nurse her just once in the morning. I have to admit that it's always been my favourite nursing time for her. I usually just bring her into bed with me and enjoy snuggling in the warm blankets and being with her. I don't know when I'll give that feeding up, I enjoy it too much and I hope she enjoys that quiet snuggling time with me too! :) She is my sweet little peanut! (Yes, Auntie Karina I'm stealing your nickname! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nooo problemo! She's just too cute for words!
Love yah all lots an' lots!!
From ME
CrAzY dragon