Sunday, November 30, 2008

When Will I Learn?!!

I'm not sure how many time this has happened in my lifetime...I've lost count, but this Friday I found myself in the same predicament again...I had decided to take both the kids outside for some fresh air and a walk around the neighbourhood. I got them all bundled up, put Emma-Lyn in her stroller and stepped outside. I noticed that Gerry and Sharon's van wasn't there so I thought it wise to lock the door...then I checked my pockets...no key. Oh my...where was my brain?!! Apparently on early Christmas vacation!!

I decided to keep up with our plans and we went for a walk around the neighbourhood (I did not inform the kids of our current condition) We walked around looking at everyone's Christmas decorations and splashing in puddles. All the while I was trying to come up with some sort of plan. I had high hopes that the MacLeod's would be home by the time we got there and everything would be fine.

That didn't happen. So to the backyard we went to play...well Sean played while I tried all the windows and doors...no luck. Then I looked over to the neighbour's house...Could they possibly have a key?!! It was worth a shot so off we went...no dice. Sigh, but they were kind enough to offer their phone. I made some quick calls to find out that Gerry and Sharon were at camp and would not be back till much later that evening (it was barely noon at the time) I then made my best decision of the day and called Bonnie and asked if we could crash at her place for the day. She was more than happy to have the lot of us in and was able to ask her husband to come pick us up. I was ever so thankful!! We had a lovely time together! The night before Sean had mentioned that he wanted to go to Bonnie's house again...guess he got his wish!

Emma-Lyn ready for our walk around the neighbourhood.

Emma-Lyn and Hannah playing in Hannah's room.

I absolutely LOVE this girl's grin!!

Say it with me, Awwwwwwwwwwwww, that's so cute!!

No comments: