Sunday, January 04, 2009

The Power of the Puppet

So do you remember this sweet picture of Sean?
This is Sean holding up his Frosty the Snowman puppet. When I bought this puppet, I just thought it was cute and that Sean would like it. I did not think that this would have such a big effect on Sean. Did I mention that I only paid a dollar for this toy?!!

He LOVES Mr. Snowman. I put Mr.Snowman on my hand, use a silly voice and voila you have a totally enthralled 3 year old. Now, I remember loving puppets as a kid. I especially loved it when my sister would play puppets with me. She had the best voices and made everything funny and silly, which is exactly how a little sister would want it!

I don't even have to be silly with Mr. Snowman and Sean responds with enthusiasm. He loves to tickle and be tickled by Frosty. He tells Frosty everything he's doing and wants to know everything about Frosty...like where he lives, which just happens to be under one of our end tables. And of course he wants to take Frosty everywhere. And Frosty has some pretty great powers, sometimes he's just the thing to get Sean motivated to put his shoes on, or clean up his toys or brush his teeth! I LOVE Frosty too!!

1 comment:

mary e said...

Now there's a good idea! I should try that.

Glad you had a good Christmas and New Year (except for the car of course, good luck with that).

We will be in Canada June 9th-30th. Hope we can meet up then. Freak!