Thursday, February 12, 2009

Time to Talk with God

During the day I like to spend some time reading my Bible and praying. And usually I like to pray out loud which is all fine and dandy right? I usually find the quiet moment when both the kiddos are down for their afternoon nap. And today was just that moment and I was happily praying away when I heard Sean get up and thought how odd that was since he hadn't been down for an hour yet. But, anyways he came out all groggy like and stood facing into the living room. I asked him if he was all done sleeping and he assured me that he was. I then told him that I was in the middle of praying and maybe he would like to go back to his room and play with his toys until I was done. He said no, and that he wanted to talk to God too and would be back to sit in the rocking chair after he did something in his room.

He came back got himself up into the rocking chair and said, "Okay Mommy, lets bow our heads and close our eyes and pray...Except Mommy, I don't know how to. You'd better do it."

So I did and I admit that I peeked a couple times just to see what he was doing. And there he was with his eyes as tightly shut as he could get them and just sitting in the rocking chair.

I thought it was just soooo sweet!

This weekend Marko and I are in for a bit of a treat! Our friends the Canfields have offered to take the kids for a sleepover on Saturday night! They're even going to pick them up late Saturday morning so we'll have most of Saturday sans kiddos! At this point we don't have huge plans or anything but we will be going to RumRunners for supper! Yum!

No comments: