Monday, March 09, 2009

My Laptop Has Died...

It has finally happened, I knew the end was in sight and now it's all over. My poor 7 year old laptop will no longer boot up anything. It now resides in Sean's room where he can run in periodically and "check his email" I think it's a hoot! I'm currently using the laptop that Marko brought home for work as a temporary substitute. We're looking into getting a netbook in the near future.

So for now, until I get all my old info onto this lappy, there won't be many pictures. But I have a few cute stories.

Sean and Emma-Lyn are really enjoying playing together these days. Sean especially loves to have Emma-Lyn around and gets upset when I put her down for a nap. At bedtime he insists that Emma-Lyn come to his room for stories and songs. I just love how much he loves his little sister. He helps her up (usually just after he's pushed her down) and he'll give her a kiss. He'll usher her about the house to keep her out of trouble...so cute.

But my favourite thing that Sean has done recently involves some friends of ours, the Skys (short for Petrofsky) They're a family that has an inn out in Clinton and they hold performances there over the summer. They provide a wonderful mix of celtic fiddle music and dance and the gospel. If you ever come visit the Island they are a MUST SEE! Anyhoo, they come to our Tuesday night Bible study and Sean thinks they are the best! He just loves them to death and thinks that everyone else should love them too. He talks about them all the time and was super thrilled to find out that there are some videos of their performances online. We watch them just about every day! He especially loves the video of Gabe and Miriam stepdancing.

So the other day we were watching the stepdancing video when Sean mentions that Gabe could teach Emma-Lyn how to step dance. So I asked him if Gabe could teach him to stepdance. And he informs me that he already knows how and doesn't need any help. I said, "Then show me your stepdancing moves buddy!!" And didn't my sweet lad of a boy jump to the occasion?!! He was leaping and stomping about doing the BEST toddler stepdancing this side of Ireland! It was so hilarious! And he even remembered to bow at the end! And of course he wanted to do it again and decided that the ceramic tile in the kitchen made for a better stage and proceded to perform his dance from there.

Emma-Lyn not to be out done, tried her hand at some dancing...except hers mainly involved going around and around and around in circles...this was also funny...she lost her balance and plop she was down on her butt. But quickly, she was up again and twirlling away...trying to be a bit more careful this time!

I LOVE my kids! They bring me such joy and blessing!

Here is a clip of the Skys in performance:

No comments: