Saturday, October 03, 2009

Pulling Out the Potty Stops

Emma-Lyn has been showing some readiness for potty training and now that her bowels seem to have figured themselves out, we're giving it a shot. Today, Sean got out the potty for his little sister. He was excited for her and she was thrilled! She kept calling out, "Potty, Potty!!!" She liked sitting on it but so far we haven't met with much success but I'm really happy with how excited she is about it. It was funny to see how happy Sean was for her too. He's really growing up too. He loves to play with Emma-Lyn, especially running races from the front door to the living room. And if he bumps her over, he'll stop, apologize and help her up. So sweet! And listening to the two of them squeal as they race back and forth is awesome!

Had a really great day yesterday, my friend Carolyn and her youngest daughter dropped in for the morning. Apparently Catherine wanted to play with Sean so Carolyn thought this was a great idea for a play date! We got to chat and the kids had a great time playing together. Then in the afternoon Jennie came over and we all went out shopping and then hit Victoria Park for awhile. That night it was girls night out and I went over to Tammy's for what I thought was a birthday party for Karen but turned out to be a birthday party for her, me and Deanna as well as a baby shower for me! It was sooooo much fun!! Laughed so hard and had such a great time. I totally forgot to take my camera but I'm hoping to get some pictures from Karen so I'll be able to post those later.

Today was pretty quiet which was good for me because I've been pretty sore and my nose was all stuffed up and perhaps was a little overtired from all the fun on Friday. Tomorrow we have church and are hoping to check out the Farm Day being held downtown in the afternoon.

I have another doctor's appointment on Thursday. Everything is looking good, the baby's head is down so that's good. I've been making lots of meals to freeze so I won't have so much to think about once this baby does arrive. I feel like I'm mostly prepared now. I'm very happy to have my mother in law living upstairs, it will be great to have her helping hands so close by!


I just love how cute Emma-Lyn looks in these pjs! And love the expression on Sean's face.

No comments: