Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Mmmmm Just One of Those Moments...

One that I'm going to cherish forever. I just love my kids and this was one of those moments for really taking in and remembering every little special detail.

I had all three of them outside. It was very hot and humid so Nate was just in his little diaper and the other two in their t-shirts and shorts. We went to the backyard and set up the kiddie pool. At first Nate and I sat on the big plaid blanket near by, but then Nate really wanted to get in on the action and decided to spend some time splashing his fat little fist in the water. Then he was off to go investigate the mud under the deck. I wasn't too interested in him coming out caked in mud so I quickly scooped him up and took him to the hammock.

The hammock is so relaxing. I leaned back and laid him on my chest and oh, if you could have just looked into his eyes...such merry, loving eyes! I rocked the hammock as the summer breeze brushed over us. He put his little head down on my chest, while one little hand was balled up in a sweet baby fist on my arm and the other was grasping my other arm. He settled in and murmured a bit to me before drifting off to sleep....Ahhh this was pure heaven for me. I soaked in every minute of it...watching the older two play in the pool and the mud, listening to their squeals of laughter while rocking back and forth and holding my wee little one while he snoozed. I breathed in his sweet, soft babyness and smothered his head in kisses...mmmmmmm. I love being Sean, Emma-Lyn and Nate's mom...

1 comment:

Sassy_Canuk said...

<3 those are the moments that make all the diapers, fussy nights, vomit clean up, tantrum patrol etc soooo worth it!!!!