Sunday, August 08, 2010

Ever Have a "Tool" Moment?

I have....many upon many of times...truly my life is made up of a long string of tool moments! :) What is a tool moment you may ask? Simple. Its any time you do something ever so embarrassing! Like I said, my life is made up of them...

Take this morning for instance, we were all running around the house getting ready for church...I had to get the kids dressed, change a poopy bum, get my self dressed and out the door to get to church in time, in quick order...so sometimes, somethings inadvertently get missed...not to worry, we didn't forget any of the kids at home or anything like that. :)

I was pleased as we drove off that everyone was in the car and in good spirits and I relaxed and breathed a sigh of relief. As we pulled into the parking lot, I noticed a friend walking into the church and I was not only relieved to know that we weren't late but, also noticed that she was wearing cute shoes...and then an interesting question popped into my head, "Oooh yeah, what did I finally decide to wear this morning?!" Yes, I really did have this mental conversation with myself...only to realize that I had forgotten to put on outdoor shoes...I was still wearing my house "slippers" Now thankfully, they aren't pink or fuzzy or even resemble much of a slipper but, still!! I was walking into church with what I am accustomed to just bumming around the house in!! So while they looked normal enough, inside my head I'm thinking, "Do they know that, that white splot is just a bit of calamine lotion?? or "Do I look like I just jumped out of bed and ran out the door?!!" Aaaaahhh, good times!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

You're right - I did enjoy this one!

Sarah said...

I did this going to a wedding once, and my lovely husband noticed as we went out the door, but decided to wait until I noticed myself. But mine were blue and very fluffy :) Your not alone Laura!

Amanda Longmoore said...

Oh Meemer... I just read this tonight, and I loved it!!! I did that just last week -- right out the door with my slippers... and like Sarah's, also blue and fluffy! This summer included many, many, many other tool moments as well that I'm not going to post on your blog. :)
You know, I still have the wrench and screwdriver that you gave me years and years ago! A tool for a tool....