Saturday, October 09, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Yep, it's well over a month and I'm finally updating the ol' blog again. It has been such a wonderful summer!! The weather was so fantastic!! We spent a lot of time outside, at the beach or in the backyard.

I had my birthday and it was a whole lot of awesome! My bestie came over with her kiddos and surprised me with cake and presents! I was flabbergasted!! LOVED it! Then that night Marko took me out to see our friends the Skys. They also surprised me with a wee little cookie with a candle and a many facefuls of yummy nachos!! Total blast!

This fall saw the beginning of our adventure in homeschooling! We are loving it! Not every day is stellar but, over all it has been an awesome experience! Sean is quite the keener so it makes my job easier. Emma-Lyn has also been reaping the rewards of this new situation since it means new things for her to do as well.

This fall has also been a new adventure for our oldest kiddos as they are now roommates. I was so nervous to try this out... I just wasn't sure how the two of them would do. They have done superbly! I couldn't have dreamed it any better. They love being together and it has really made routines go much smoothly! They still fight over stuff and do regular sibling things but, it really has been a great change for us. Nate is now in Emma-Lyn's old room and in a crib which has been a good adjustment for him as well.

I can't believe that my sweet baby boy is going to be a whole year old in just less than a month!! He has been so much fun! He is a great little guy and I couldn't imagine our family without him. He is super smiley and loves his family. He isn't walking yet but the boy is ever so quick on his hands and knees. He loves to clap his hands and make his brother and sister laugh. He's also trying to figure out how to snap his fingers. He'll watch me intently as I do it and then he'll look at his own little fingers and try to get them to do it too. So sweet!

Tomorrow we're heading to the mainland to celebrate Thanksgiving with my folks. Totally looking forward to that. The kids and I have been making crafts all week to bring to the festivities! They had a lot of fun and got pretty messy doing it.

So here's to a Happy Thanksgiving to you all...I am thankful for any and all who actually still drop by this ol' blog...I know I haven't been a very good blogger so it's nice to know that some people are still interested in our little part of the world. :)



My surprise birthday cake.

The gal who makes everything happen!! Where would I be without her?! Probably lonely... :) Love ya Bonnie!! Thank you so much for being you!

My wonderful son showing off his amazing nose blowing abilities! I am soooo proud!! LOL

Crowding around the cake.

Our friends, the Skys. So much fun!

Summer fun!!


Love this face!

Emma-Lyn on her new to her bed on her side of the room.

Two sweethearts!

And now on Sean's bed.

Ain't he cute!
Love this kiddo! So funny too!

Out on our daily walk! Another part of our homeschooling routine that has been soo good for us and a lot of fun!

Ooooh, how could I forget our first time geocaching!! The kids had a lot of fun!

The kids painting their masterpieces to take to Gramma and Grampa Hope's!

No comments: