Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy Belated Valentine's Day

I really enjoyed my Valentine's day this year! It was a two parter!! Marko and I went out for dinner on Sunday night to a local Chinese place and had THE most delicious food!! We went for a lovely drive and came home to watch a movie and eat the BEST ice cream! (which just happens to be President's Choice Chocolate Fudge Crackle...ohhh so yummy.)

Then on Monday the kiddos and I made some chocolate chip cookies and valentines and brought them to our neighbour. Her husband works out west in the winter so we thought she might like the company. :) That evening Marko and I finished our movie and had more ice cream...I LOVE chocolate!...oh and one funny thing that happened....Marko had bought me some of my favourite chocolates...they're the "They Taste So Good I Can't Believe They Aren't Ferrero Rocher" from the Superstore...I LOVE them! Anyhoo, Marko thought he had hidden them and was going to give them to me on Valentine's Day but, Sean found them and brought them out to us in the living room saying, "Look Mommy here's more of the chocolates you love!!" Too funny! I shared them with the fam and we all enjoyed them much to Marko's chagrin.

I got my haircut finally!! I was so tired of the old ponytail look. I mean, come on! I'm 34 and still wearing my hair the way I had it in high school?!! It wasn't all that cool then and certainly not now! Its nice and short and might I say stylish?! I hardly know what to do with myself! :)

Had a bit of a day today...I LOVE Tuesdays, I could almost say I live for Tuesdays! On Tuesday we have the ladies Bible study at the church I went to in Charlottetown. So I usually pack up the kids and head in town for the day! In the afternoon I go to my best friend, Bonnie's house and have an absolutely fabulous time....but not so today...Today the weather was not one little bit interested in cooperating with my plans. It decided to snow and blow so much that schools were closed and the study was off...I do so look forward to it...And here I had the car and couldn't go anywhere. Booo!

So now to come up with a plan of what to do with the day. I decided to make some Hazelnut Chocolate Chip Muffins which did seem to turn out well. But for some reason as I took the hot muffin tray out of the oven I decided to touch it with my bare fingers!!! OUCH!! Not bright!! Thankfully the burn isn't too bad but, the incident did nothing to improve my mood. Then Nate found some time to head up to the bathroom by himself and play in the toilet....My how I love to find him in there, all covered in water and holding the toilet plunger!!!

What did save the day for me was playing This Little Piggy with the kids...over and over and over again! They LOVED it and so did I...nothing like having them jump into your arms to get tickled!!

And another highlight of this past week was at bedtime and I was taking him to his room and I told him good night and he said, "Nigh, nigh." and popped his little thumb in his mouth and rested his head on my shoulder...I could have melted!


Me and my new do!


The REAL me and my new do...If you've ever wondered if I've changed over the years, the answer is no!! ;)

No comments: