Monday, March 07, 2011

Fun Busy Days

It has been a full week with many ups and downs and way more snow than I ever want to think about. Thankfully right now it is raining and the snow is melting! We can actually see our entire driveway already! As Marko said this evening, "We may have more snow but old man Winter's back is definitely broken!" I sure hope he's right! :)

This week the kids and I did a little experiment of sorts. I had put up a store bought bird feeder and hadn't seen a bird near it in a week. So we set to finding some possible homemade ideas for bird feeders. We ended up with a carton style, a pop bottle style and just a hunk of stale bread slathered in peanut butter and then squished into some seeds and all hung from branches of our tree in the backyard. I'm not sure if the bread just fell out of the tree or the birds knocked it out, but it landed on the ground and was promptly devoured! It took a little while for the birds to check out the other feeders but they did eventually and do seem to enjoy it. So far we've seen Blue Jays, Starlings and a Chickadee. We think we may have seen a woodpecker at one point but it flew away before we could get a good look at him. The kids are loving watching the birds from our patio doors! And I'm ever so pleased that the crows are staying away. They sometimes hang out in the higher branches of the trees but won't come down.

Ever have one of those days? Mine was on Tuesday...the kids and I were going to Charlottetown for a playdate and everything seemed to be going smoothly... that is until I woke up...:) The kids were fine but there was heaps upon heaps of snow in our driveway...ugh! I would have to shovel that before we could go anywhere. Thankfully Marko shoveled a fair amount before his ride came to get him, so that was encouraging...then the plow guy came by and cleared the rest of it. Great, I thought, now this won't be hard at all. I got the kids ready and in the car in no time, I jumped in the car and away we went...well almost. That is we went maybe a couple centimeters...the car seemed to be stuck, quite firmly I might add, in its ruts...ugh! So out I hop and go grab one of the kid's shovels and do some quick shoveling around the car. I decided instead of taking the shovel back around to the deck I would just pop it in the side door. I am ever so glad I did as it would seem I had completely forgotten to shut the door let alone lock the thing! Yipes!! I got back in the car and with a little cajoling we were able to make a get away! Phew... I still can't believe I forgot about that door being open!

This weekend Marko and I got a new kitchen cart. And I just love it! It is so handy and looks great in the kitchen...helps me envision what the kitchen renos will look like! I've included a picture of it for your perusing pleasure.

One of our first little visitors...next time I'll have to get a shot of the actual bird feeders! :)


The new cart, don't she look grand?!! :)

1 comment:

ajax5-birasblog said...

muito bom excelente!