Monday, May 16, 2011

You Put The Lime In The Coconut....

I said Doctor... Where are you when I need you?!

This past week I discovered that Emma-Lyn had an infected toe. I called my doctor to see if we could get an appointment (he's usually very good to get us in quickly) but as luck would have it, he was away for the week. My next plan of attack was to find a walk in clinic here in Montague--come to find out that there aren't any in this area. My only option at this point is to try out the Kings County Memorial Hospital ER. So off we walked to the hospital, full of hope for a quick visit and a quick prescription. Hardy Har, Har!

We got there at 9:20 and didn't even get into triage until 11:45!! The kids did a great job keeping themselves entertained, but by noon we were all getting a little hungry, a little tired and a little cranky. I called Marko and he came and took Sean and Nate home. Emma-Lyn and I were going to stick it out until the bitter end. After talking to some other patients I realized that this wait was going to go on and on and on. And really my best bet was to bail and try a walk-in clinic in Charlottetown the next day. We left at 1:20 and basically ran home in the rain. Next time I will give my mother in law a call or my friend Jackie, both of whom reminded me that they would have been available to help. :)

We were able to pop into a walk-in clinic the next day and get Emma-Lyn her prescription. It was so much more encouraging to wait there than in the ER in Montague. You could actually watch people go in and people go out! It was great!! :) Emma-Lyn's toe is healing nicely!

So how about this rain?!! I know it is good and needed, but oh, what I wouldn't do to see the sun again! :) That said we were able to get some more yard work done. We broke up all the branches off the bush we had taken down previously, we bundled them up and set them at the curb. Good-bye ugly bush!!

On a prettier note, here are some tulips I cut from my backyard. For some unknown reason the previous owner had tulips in random places all over the yard.



1 comment:

Bernie said...

I've seen people do that with crocuses and tulips and daffodils.

One of these days I'm coming for a visit