Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Busy Days

It seems that every day is filled with its own busyness and we have really enjoyed it. The kids find games to play in the yard and in the house to play together, there are little trips around our area and relaxing times here at home.

This past week was a bit of a blur as I was preparing for my first big gig. I did a wedding photoshoot. While it was stressful in some ways, in other ways it was a lot of fun and a great learning experience. I had a great couple to work with and the day was warm and sunny unlike most other days this summer. I met some really lovely people and came home with a LOT of photos! The wedding was in Fort Augustus so the kids came with me one afternoon to check out the church. It was huge! They loved exploring it while I talked with the mother of the bride about the ceremony. I have most of my photos ready and have a little sneak peek for you at the end of this post.

Its hard to believe that Sean has just 3 baseball games left for the summer. He has enjoyed it so much. Emma-Lyn has also enjoyed these nights out to the ball diamond as she has had the opportunity to make a little friend and play with her on the playground during the games.

Marko and I even got to go on a date this weekend which was just delightful. Marko found a lovely Heritage road to go exploring on. There was even a pond that we were able to walk around and enjoy together. We went to Cardigan for supper at the Cape Light Restaurant. It was wonderful. I had the most delicious baby back ribs ever! And Marko enjoyed chicken cordon bleu.

This Friday is the big Gold Cup and Saucer Parade which the kids are really looking forward to and then afterwards Marko and I get to go sailing! Then we are hoping to head to the mainland for the weekend. :)




No comments: