Monday, September 05, 2011

Having Fun and Gearing Up for School

Well summer is drawing to a close and I have so enjoyed it. We have made the most of it with excursions here and there and everywhere. I have LOVED having my own garden. We've enjoyed fresh tomatoes, green peppers, lettuce, green beans and cucumbers. I'm so looking forward to that next year.

This past week I had my birthday and it was delightful. The day itself was fun. The kiddos and I just puttered about the house and baked a cake. We had BBQ steak with green peppers and rice. We had it out on the deck and enjoyed our cake for dessert. The following evening Marko took me out for supper at the Swiss (I was soooo craving some really good ribs!) It was amazing--I don't think I've ever eaten so much meat in one sitting! We had the ribs and quarter chicken dinner deal and my it was good!
This weekend we had fun exploring some of our favourite spots. We went to Buffaloland and finally got to see the entire herd of buffalo! It was fantastic, the kids loved it and I took a crazy amount of pictures! :) Then we went off to the wildlife sanctuary and enjoyed the peacefulness out there.

Today we went with our good friends the MacGregors to Kingscastle and had a great time letting the kids play all over the place. We took a picnic lunch and played down at the beach for a bit. This evening we went to Knox's Falls and Dam--I just love this little spot. Its so scenic and peaceful. The kids love wandering about and throwing rocks and twigs in the water.

Tomorrow begins our second year of homeschooling! I am looking forward to it and I think Sean is too. We have one day on and then on Wednesday we're meeting up with other homeschoolers for the Not-Back-To-School Picnic at Canoe Cove. I'm looking forward to that!


The Falls.

And you guessed it, a buffalo!!

Sitting out on the deck for birthday supper.

Sean buried in balloons!

Mr. Cutie Pants rolling in the grass!

No comments: