Tuesday, November 08, 2011

2 Birthdays!

 Yesterday was Marko and Nate's birthday.  I can hardly believe that Nate is already 2.  His speech has really picked up lately and he is very happy to tell anyone he meets that he is TWO!  And just so you know Marko is doing splendidly for a 36 year old! :)

I put together a surprise birthday party for him on Friday night.  I invited our gang out for dinner at the Swiss and then off to Brian and Bonnie's for games afterwards.  So many times I thought I was going to let the cat out of the bag.  I did end up having to tell him that I had something planned since we hit a bit of a glitch with the babysitting. It was so great to be with all our friends and enjoy the ever so yummy Festive dinner at the Swiss!

On Sunday we  all got the surprise of our lives when my parents landed on our doorstep!!  The last time I had spoken to them they weren't coming and now here they were on my doorstep!! I was so happy to see them.  We had a delightful visit and the kids thought it was awesome!  Grammie Peric and Auntie Linda joined us later for cake and presents.  It was a grand day indeed.

Yesterday as it was in fact the actual day of Marko and Nate's birth we had a lovely little family dinner at home.  The kids and I had fun decorating and making things special for the evening.

Then, just to keep the birthday momentum going for one more day, we went out for supper at  Pizza Delight tonight.  It was a treat for all of us, gotta love places that let the kids eat for free!! :)



 Nate filling his face with cake!

 Inspecting his Tonka truck flashlight.  This was a huge hit!!

 Introducing his Tonka to his Mater truck.

 Oooh I think he's in love.

 This was our outdoors inspired centerpiece for our supper table.

Welcome to the Peric Bistro!  On the menu we have succulent lamb sausages, served with long grain rice and a fresh garden salad and sparkling apple juice to drink!  :)

No comments: