Saturday, November 05, 2011

A Little Late This Week...

 Did ya miss me? ;)  And I don't even have a good reason for not posting.  No big problems with kids plumbing or the house's so I certainly can't complain.  We actually went to a friend's farm where we harvested Jerusalem Artichokes.  It was a lot of work but also a lot of fun.  We also got to see some really cute piglets as well as some adorable puppies.  There was a cute little chocolate brown one that just melted my heart.  The kids had a grand time running around and playing on hay bales and checking out all the livestock.  And now I have a 50 pound bag of those artichokes.  Apparently they're a lot like potatoes so we'll have to see what I can come up with in the kitchen.

I took the kiddos down to the waterfront on Friday to do a little impromptu photo shoot.  I love photography and had taken a wee break for a bit.  A friend of mine had invited me to do a photo blog where you post a picture a day, but I quickly got burnt out and ended up abandoning things and re-evaluating why I enjoy taking pictures.  While I've had my go at some professional type gigs, I don't feel that thats what I want to do with my photograpy, much better suited to someone with more time and more skills.  What I enjoy is just spotting images that I find interesting or at least feel that I could make interesting.  I especially love nature and trying to capture it with my little camera.  Its fun and something I can do with my family and even include them in it.  Hence the little photoshoot.  It was late afternoon so I was pretty sure of some good lighting.  I chose the waterfront because there's an old train turntable that is a really unique space. Plus the kids LOVE it there and could spend an entire day there I'm sure!

So here are some shots that I liked:

 Nate doing laps around the turntable.


 This was actually one of the last shots I took.  It was too precious to pass up.

 I love the view on the waterfront especially in the fall.  I feel very blessed to live so close to it!

 One of my favourite things about Autumn are the trees in all their colourful splendor.

 This kid is such a ham!! Just love him!

 My sweet little girly.

 What a clown!...Good set of teeth too!

 Just love sunsets.

 And there he goes again!

 I'd like to play around a bit more with silhouettes.

 Mr. King of the Turntable!

I really like shot because of the different textures.

1 comment:

Leigha said...

Really nice pics, Laura :)