Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Happy Belated Mother's Day

 Such a busy but fun weekend.  Emma-Lyn's friend Liana was having a birthday party on Friday evening that we were all invited to so as soon as Marko came home from work we piled in the car and headed over.  There were 3 other families there so it was a full house.  The kids had a blast running around the farm and playing with all the children while the adults got some good quality time together too.  It was a late evening though and we pretty much just threw the kids into bed when we got home and we weren't far behind in falling into bed.

On Saturday we woke up late, which was wonderful.  We made plans for going in town for a picnic lunch and to run some errands.  I dropped Marko and the kids off at a park while I headed over to the homeschool book sale.  I didn't think I would be very long but there is just so much to look at and of course all the other homeschooling moms to talk to.   I got there a little after 11 and didn't make it out till after 1.  My poor family was tired and cold and hungry by the time I got back to the park.  So we piled in the car and went to the mall to have our picnic in the food court.  We ran a few more errands and then headed home in time for supper.  We fed the kids a quick meal and got them in their pjs for Grammie Peric.  Marko and I were headed out for a much needed date night.  We went to the Merchantman and had an awesome time!  I had their Tupelo Street chicken and oh. my. word. It was AMAZING!  Just thinking about it makes me drool!  If you ever get the chance to visit Charlottetown I highly recommend the Merchantman!

Sunday was a slow start but we enjoyed our church service.  In the afternoon we went for a hike on one of our favourite trails.  It has lots of bridges which you know the kids love for the mere enjoyment of tossing things over the railing.   Afterwards Marko made us a supper of waffles.  Yummy!  At one point Marko needed his keys and remembered giving them to Sean to open the garage earlier.  Unfortunately Sean had left the keys in the garage and then locked the door.  Naturally we thought of my keys--which were in my purse, which was in the trunk of our locked car. YAY!  Thankfully we're covered by Honda Roadside Assistance, so after a quick call and a short wait we were back in business.  A memorable Mother's Day for sure!

 On the dock before heading down the trail.

 
 Me and my kiddos sitting at one of the many lookouts on the trail.

 My little man with a vision.

 Rainy day reflections.  Thankfully we were just heading to the car when the rain started.

As of yesterday I've begun working on my flowerbeds and my veggie garden.

 Here is the veggie garden all set for planting!

 And while I know my flowerbeds don't look like much, I'm telling you they look a million times better than before!  Imagine overgrown grass and weeds and general yuck!  I'd like to put some nice fencing around them and plant some wildflowers too.


No comments: