Monday, October 01, 2012

More Fall Fun

 Where to begin?!  I just LOVED Anne of Green Gables the musical.  It was everything I hoped for and more.  The music was phenomenal (I so want the soundtrack for Christmas!!) the acting was just as amazing and the sets were so beautifully done.  Sean and Emma-Lyn both enjoyed it as well.  Emma-Lyn even leaned over to me and whispered, "she's going to dye her hair green now Mommy!!" and right on cue Anne went up to dye her hair.  Emma was thrilled to know exactly what was going on.  It was such a great experience.  I just love live theatre!  Can't wait to go see the Wizard of Oz this Christmas.

I have discovered that one of my favourite places to go is an apple orchard.  I don't know what it is about it, but it just soothes my soul.  I love to take deep breaths and just take in the fall aromas.  I don't know how to describe it but, its just so relaxing and soothing and yet invigorating and joyful. And what better way to follow up that experience than going to a new to you beach.  We traveled down a road called Honey Bee Lane and found the most delightful little beach.  The kids played in the sand and threw rocks in the water, while Marko and I just enjoyed the view and the smell of the salty sea air.  LOVED IT!

Which brings us to our homeschooling.  We've had fun with the field trips and look forward to going to the orchard again this Friday but I've so enjoyed getting back into our routine.  And today was just such a day of brilliance that I wanted to share it with you.  Usually after breakfast we have a bit of free time before getting to dishes and then hitting the books.  Today Sean decided he wanted to work on a book for his free time which was fine by me.  However, it took him a long time to do it--it was eating into my schedule.  Instead of getting my nickers in a knot I acknowledged the time for what it was.  It is one of the very reasons I chose to homeschool--Sean was working on a project that he had chosen and that he was very interested in doing a good job at.  Once I settled that in my mind I was able to shut out the voice that kept telling me to get him on  my schedule.  It was very liberating!  He had a plan, he was making a picture book with the stencils we have -- a stencil for each page.  While he was working I got odd jobs done and then he came to ask for help, his hand was starting to cramp from all the colouring.  We worked together and had the opportunity to talk about the value of teamwork. Once the book was complete we were going to settle into my schedule, but again Sean had different ideas and wanted to know why we had to do things the same way every time and couldn't he do math first?!  And since I could not come up with one good reason why we HAD to do it in any particular order, I followed his lead.  Again so liberating! 



 Emma-Lyn hauling Nate through the apple orchard.  This is MacPhee's orchard near Cardigan.  Love this place.


 Mmmmm, yummy apples.


 Having fun in the orchard.


 And here I am at one of my favourite places--the beach!

So relaxing!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I love your spirit and up-beat view on life. God is using you in my life to help me stop being stuck in a rut.