Thursday, May 02, 2013

I Won An Award!!!

How cool is that?!!  And it's not just me, it's for my blog!  Yep folks, you heard it here first--I'm kind of a big deal!  LOL

Well, okay not really a big deal at all, but still someone I have never ever met and lives across the world --Singlemomof1 from Searching for Sanity nominated my wee little blog for the Liebster Award.  I know what you're thinking--what in the world is a Liebster award?!  To be honest I had never heard of it before I was nominated, basically its an award for bloggers from bloggers.  And really it's a fun chain letter passed from one to another.  If you are a lucky recipient of this award you get to share 11 facts about yourself and answer the 11 questions that your nominator asked you.  You are then supposed to send on the love and nominate 11 other bloggers with a following of 200 or less.  I'm not really able to pass on the award to 11 other bloggers as I don't follow that many blogs and most of the ones I do already have a huge following.  So really I can only accept this as an honorary award.

Now for my 11 facts:

1. One of my jobs as a teenager living in rural Nova Scotia was being Daisy the Talking Cow at Magic Valley Fun Park. 
2.  I was insanely shy and very quiet when I was in elementary school--I started to come out of my shy shell in high school--Now people have a hard time getting me to be quiet--just ask any of the homeschool moms!
3.  I've lived in Ontario, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and P.E.I.
4.  I LOVE the beach--spring, summer, fall or winter are all perfectly wonderful times to visit the beach!
5.  I didn't get my driver's licence until I was 20.
6.  I was a Miss Canada Day Princess in Westville, Nova Scotia.  I even got to sit on the back of a beautiful blue corvette for the parade!
7.  As a kid I was pretty messy.  So messy that my folks got me a poster for my bedroom door that read: It's my mess and I love it.  Also a door knob hanger that read:  A neat room is the sign of a sick mind.
8.  My folks also kindly nicknamed me Calamity Jane as I was always falling over or into  or off of anything and seemingly everything.
9.  I once sat in the backseat of a police cruiser--when I was like 2 or 3--I vaguely remember the experience.
10.  At my highschool we had two lunch periods.  And one day I accidentally went to lunch at the wrong period--it took me awhile to realize it and I was too embarrassed to go to my English class so I snuck around the back of the school and hung out with the smokers--the Principal decided to come by that way--I tried desperately to avoid eye contact but we ended up discussing the weather --I felt so bad about skipping class I had my mom write a note explaining to my English teacher my faux pas. I was such a rebel!
11.  We moved to Nova Scotia on my 14th birthday--it was the most bitter sweet birthday I've ever had.  I had to say good bye to my bestest friend but I was also moving to a new place with new adventures.

And now for the questions:

1. What is the best thing about having children?  Being someone's Mommy.

2. What is your biggest pet hate?  It's gotta be plastic wrap--it's all CRAP! 

3. If you could have dinner with one person dead or alive, who would it be?  I know it says one person--but I can't pick just one.  I'd want to have dinner--specifically Christmas dinner just like oldtimes with my extended Hope family.  I miss them so much!

4. If you could have one superpower, what would it be?  The ability to transport myself to any place in the world in the blink of an eye.

5. What is your favourite place in the whole world?  The beach with my fam.

6. Finish this sentence: A perfect day for me would be...  to start this sunshiny and warm day sitting on my deck sipping my tea and reading then I would follow that up with some quality time at the beach with the fam and my hubby would have packed a wonderful lunch for us.  To finish up this amazing day with a date night with my handsome hubby at CapeLight where I would enjoy a tasty dinner of a half rack of ribs.

7. Are you a feminist?  Nope.

8. If you could be a celebrity, what would you want to be famous for?  My dancing--cause it is out of this world!!  Yeah, not really but it would be funny.

9. Do you believe in ghosts? No.

10. Who is your biggest hero?  My hubby.

11. Tell me a secret.  Baby # 4 is due in early November. :)

7 comments:

Michelle said...

OKAY WOWOW on # 11. Congratulations! I can't even remember my other comment now. I am so excited for #11!

Michelle said...

And you are famous for you dancing! You are the homeschooling Momma with the bestest moves around.

singlemumof1 said...

Woot!! So glad I could get you to spill your guts with this, congrats on the upcoming baby! It was my pleasure to nominate you, and I hope you had fun answering my questions.

Diane Hayman said...

Congratulations! Funny, the other day, I was just wondering if you were going to have any more babies. Now I know. Love it!

Diane Hayman said...

Congratulations!! Funny - the other day I was thinking to myself, "I wonder if Laura will have any more babies?" Now, I have the answer! Babies are so much fun, and you are such good parents. All the best- but don't get too carried away like the Duggars!!

Auntie Bernie said...

Well, its not a secret any more. Congratulations to both you and Marko so exciting !!

Kim G said...

WOOOO HOOOOO!! I actually just screamed! Congratualtions <3