Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Another Milestone

Miss Emma-Lyn lost her first tooth on Saturday, she was delighted! On Sunday we went out for supper to Pizza Delight to celebrate.  The kids just love going to restaurants, we don't go that often so I think that keeps the magic of it alive.  Nate especially enjoyed sweetening up our waitress.  He coloured pictures and talked to her about them and then gave one to her.  I'm pretty sure that's what got them some bonus fries with their order.

In other news Levi had his four month appointment and it seems the boy is a bit of a featherweight.  He went from being in the 40th percentile to dropping to the 3rd. Not the most optimal growth rate.  In all other ways Levi is the picture of health, he is an alert and strong little baby.  While the doctor isn't concerned he did suggest that getting some more calories into him would be a good idea and that we might like to look at supplementing with a little formula.   Yesterday we tried out the formula and Levi was having none of it.  I can't say I blame him but at the same time it's hard to know what to do. I've received quite a bit of advice on facebook and hope to put some of it into practice.  I find pumping difficult but I do want to increase milk production but possibly more importantly I would like to improve the quality of milk.  Thus I think I'm going to have to look at improving my own diet to see if that helps things progress.  You'd think by the fourth child I might have a handle on this kind of thing...apparently not so much.

And now we await the biggest forecasted storm that the maritimes have seen in a very long time.  They're calling for a whack load of snow along with some wildly crazy wind.  I thought this was spring?!!


 Delighted little girl.


Enjoying an afternoon in our tent with hot chocolate and snacks.  We enjoyed reading and relaxing together after a busy morning.

2 comments:

Denise FB said...

Love the reading tent! Those are the best childhood memories....

Nelleke from P.E.I. said...

Seth is waiting to lose his first tooth, and he is so excited about it, too. :)
I was chatting with a pediatrician (Dr. Bigsby) after one of my babies was born, and she said something like, "Babies think formula is like spinach." Meaning there's just no taste comparison to milk... Sometimes you just have to eat the spinach, though. :(