Sunday, August 03, 2014

So Slack...So Sorry!!

I can't believe it's been well over a month since I last wrote a blogpost!!    The warm weather finally found the Island and we have done our best to make the most of it! We've been barbequing, strawberry picking, picnicking, enjoying company, going to the beach, going to parades and going to Vacation Bible School.

This weekend was the Sunday School picnic at Emmanuel Bible Camp.  Saturday was a beautiful sunny day and the kids had a grand time playing games and going down the waterslide!  It wasn't long before Marko was going down the slide as well.  My friend Laura dared me to go down too and I said I would if she would! What a hoot! In the midst of all this fun we also had the opportunity to be a part of our friend Lorna's baptism.  The camp is right at the edge of  Whitlocks Pond and an ideal place for a baptism. So exciting to hear her story and share in this special occasion.  And before heading home we went for a quick refreshing dip in the pool.

This evening I took Sean, Emma-Lyn and Nate to the beach while daddy stayed home with Levi.  The beach was beginning to clear out--which is my favourite time to hit the beach.  The kids had a grand time mucking about in the sand and splashing in the waves while I sat peacefully on the beach blanket and snapped pictures.  Sean brought his kite and had a wonderful time letting it play in the breeze
 Coming to get me!

 Splashing!
 I think the water might have been a tad cold.

 The kite flyer.


 Emma-Lyn trying out the kite.

 Mr. Sandy Twinkle Toes.


 Such a wonderful end to a wonderful weekend.

1 comment:

Rachel Bueckert said...

Aww, what a fun time! I love your happy, fun posts. :)