Monday, September 15, 2014

The Crazy, The Fun and the Hectic

It's been a busy few weeks since our trip to Quebec.  We enjoyed setting up our tent again at my folks' place for a weekend.   We went to the Museum of Industry again, this is one of the kids' favourite places to go when we visit.  And who can blame them, they have great interactive exhibits and the price is right.  We also went to Shebenacadie Wildlife Park which is also becoming a family favourite.  This time we wandered down to their interpretive centre.  What a delight!  So much to see and do.  We found out that Nate has the wingspan of a Mallard Duck, Emma-Lyn had the wingspan of a Peregrine Falcon, Sean had the wingspan of a Barred Owl.

We spent some quality fun time at the Celebration Zone in Charlottetown.  There was always lots to do and see as well as share the experience with friends!  We also got to check out the tall ships when they came sailing into the Charlottetown harbour.

Our homeschooling group had our annual Not-Back-To-School picnic out at Canoe Cove at the beginning of this month.  It was a great day for meeting new homeschoolers and laughing and dancing with old friends.  A great way to start the homeschool year.  That being said, we haven't begun our formal bookwork yet, we've had a few other things to do first.

My mom found out that she had breast cancer again and had a mastectomy done at the beginning of the month.  I went home by myself to help out and just be with my family.  It was such a blessing to be there.  I loved every minute of it.  We laughed, we talked, we sang and just had a wonderful time together.  My sister and I chased frogs around the pond and laughed ourselves silly.  My mom is doing great and recovering very well from her surgery.  So looking forward to seeing them all again at Thanksgiving!

When I returned to the Island it was time to switch gears and enjoy a week long visit with my father-in- law.  He lives out in BC with his wife Dona.  It was nice to have this time with him and the children enjoyed getting to know their Deda a little better.  I think the highlight for me was seeing them give him big hugs before going to bed and seeing the big smile it put on his face.

And now, we're just taking this week to breathe and ease ourselves back into our fall routine.  It has been an amazing summer and I'm kinda sad to see it go, but I know there are more adventures awaiting us around the bend.

Found this little guy walking across the road at Sheubenacadie so I got out to rescue him.  Funny how quick the little guys can go when they know they're being chased!

This girl can climb like a monkey!  I loved the monkey bars when I was little.  I tried my hand at going across and I made it, but it sure wasn't pretty!

Time to swing!


Guy Smiley
A Lynx.
Reindeer!
Such a cool microscope at Shebenacadie!

Our humble little camp site at my folks' place.

Loved this little humming bird.
So peaceful!
From left to right are my uncle Frank, my mom and my uncle John.  My uncle John was visiting from Alberta and it was great to have the chance to visit.

Uncle Frank and his wife aunt Holly and uncle John.


No comments: