Wednesday, June 03, 2015

Day 154

What an amazing day! I decided to change things up this morning. After breakfast, instead of having some free time I had the kids clean up, then pull out their bins and get school work started while Levi was up.  We usually don't start until he is down for a nap but morning naps aren't going to last forever so I thought I'd see how things would go.  Levi munched away on his breakfast as the others got to work.  And the best part of today's work was this:
This is Emma-Lyn's journal.  And it just makes me jump for joy to read this. In so many ways we've hit brick walls but today was a beautiful break through and Emma-Lyn was going for it.  She pulled out her new math book and worked on her sums with amazing success. And she was ever so pleased when she reached questions that she knew the answers to without using her manipulatives.

I absolutely love that she chose to write that she loves math in her journal.  As a student, I never enjoyed math and honestly dreaded the subject.  But now as a homeschool mom I'm really getting a kick out of new methods to teach concepts and it is actually fun to play with numbers and not find them intimidating.  This is where I want the kids to be: in love with learning.  May they see each new topic or concept as a puzzle to figure out or a mystery to solve or a journey that leads to amazing adventures!

2 comments:

Grammie Peric said...

PTL

Grammie Peric said...

PTL