Sunday, June 14, 2015

Day 165

 Home again, home again jiggety jig.  I had such an awesome weekend and it is wonderful to be back home safe and sound.

As I sit here and reflect on my experiences this weekend I am just in awe of so many things.  I loved getting away with some fantastic homeschool mamas.  We relaxed on the early boat and eagerly anticipated what was to come.  We had a ball second hand shopping together and sharing meals together.  The conference itself was so encouraging and uplifting.  I've come away with new ideas and tools to implement in our homechool days. I even won a door prize which was a fun little bonus. I had the opportunity to sit down and chat with a dear friend of mine that I hadn't seen in way too long.  I love that we were able to pick right up right where we left off.  I just have to say, thank you to Sarah for being exactly who you are, I was so blessed to be with you again and hear all that you had to share, you are a beautiful woman and I am so very fortunate to call you my friend.

And after all the fun of the conference was over I enjoyed a lovely little visit with my family.  We laughed and talked and ate ourselves silly.  And would you just look at this:
 These amazing items were all donated to our Peric School of Learning from my Uncle Frank and Aunt Holly.  I was just so tickled and just love that my Aunt even made the little card for it.  I'm going to laminate it and post it in our kitchen.  And we are all very excited to try out the telescope!


And today I had the hounour of hanging out with this group of amazing women.  These ladies are all breast cancer survivors.  And not only that, they are a dragon boat team called Women Alike Abreast A River. Dragon boating for cancer survivors began 20 years ago in Vancouver.  It has been a way to promote awareness as well as team spirit and a great way to exercise. I wish all the best to this fantastic team!

1 comment:

Phyllis Weaver said...

Thanks for putting the picture on your blog.
Phyllis