Saturday, July 04, 2015

Day 185

What an amazing day!!  It's Montague Days this weekend so Marko took the kids to the parade this morning.The kids made out like bandits at the parade. So much candy! I went with my mother and sister in law to my sister in law's bridal shower.  It was a very nice little shower which was enjoyed by all. 

Afterwards the kids and I headed down to the waterfront to take in some of the Diversecity entertainment.  Emma-Lyn, Nate and I got our faces painted and the kids got their names written in Chinese calligraphy. We even scored some free samosas thanks to the recommendation of a homeschooling friend!  Nate was desperately wanting to  jump in the pool so we went home for a break. It was nice to have some down time before heading back down to wander and check out different booths.

We had a quick supper and then back down to the waterfront to watch the band The Count and the Cuban Cocktail.  They were amazing!  We had so much fun dancing!  Then we spotted our friend Simone hooping and we all grabbed a hoop and hooped for a bit. The kids loved it almost as much as the mommies did!! 
 Emma-Lyn and I showing off our freshly painted faces.


 One of the Chinese acts.

And my favourite, The Count and the Cuban Cocktail.

No comments: