Saturday, July 18, 2015

Day 199

Ever wake up in the morning thinking that you just can't handle people?  Or that if you just keep your eyes shut then morning isn't really here?  That was me this morning.  I was just too tired to try to be/do anything.  Thankfully Marko got the kids going  and out the door so I could slowly crawl out of bed and pull  myself together. 

We were a bit late to the Sunday School Picnic at Kings Castle but we still had a really great time. The kids played their hearts out on the playground and the grown ups got to chat.  There was lots of food and everyone ate well.

Afterwards Marko took the boys to get their hair cut while Emma-Lyn and I puttered and Levi napped.  When the boys came home they grabbed their swimsuits and we were off to the beach while Marko stayed home with Levi. We were hoping to meet our friends at the beach but they weren't there. We decided we'd still enjoy ourselves just the same. As we were picking out our spot on the beach our friends called to say they were running late but would be there soon.  The kids were  thrilled!

I LOVE the beach and if I could, I would move to a home beside the beach in a heartbeat.  It was just so calming and peaceful to walk along the shore and listen to the lapping of the waves.  It was like a reset for the soul.  And while I was enjoying the salty sea air and splashing in the waves I heard our friends call to us and the kids came running.  We had a wonderful time chatting and walking while the kids swam and played.  The best part about coming to the beach later in the evening is we pretty much had the place to ourselves.  It was heavenly!



No comments: