Sunday, August 30, 2015

Day 242

 My, what a day!  We got a late start but enjoyed a lovely time at church.  I missed Sean reading Psalm 136 which Marko had him do for a surprise for me. But I asked Sean to read it to me later that afternoon. I am so proud of my hubby and his preaching. A very convicting message that reminded us that God's mercy endures forever! So thankful!

After church Grammie Peric came and watched the kiddos while Marko and I went out for lunch in honour of my birthday tomorrow.  We had hoped to eat at the Juice Box but they were just closing up when we got there.  So we decided to run down to the Station Cafe instead.  We both enjoyed our bacon chicken burgers and potato salad.  After our lunch we went to the Superstore to pick up a yummy chocolate truffle cake.  I was expecting that once Auntie Linda and Uncle Henk arrived we'd have cake and ice cream and enjoy some time together.

However, when we arrived home something was definitely up.  Emma-Lyn met me at my car door and even opened it for me. When we walked in the kitchen it was decorated with balloons and streamers.  Emma-Lyn grabbed my hand and dragged me to the living room giggling all the way. And then my wonderful friend Denise, her mom, her kids and my kids all jumped out of their hiding places shouting, "SURPRISE!!"  I screamed!!  It was so wonderful, funny and scary all at the same time! We had presents time and then it was coffee time out on the deck.  Linda and Henk soon arrived and we enjoyed the chocolate cake and vanilla ice cream.   It would seem that Sean was the mastermind behind this surprise party.  He called people up and invited them over for cake this afternoon.  So impressed with the thoughtfulness of this young man!

Once all our guests had left we decided that this evening was a grand evening to have supper on the beach.  We packed up some roast beef sandwiches, grapes and cookies and headed over to Panmure for a relaxing evening together.

Not sure what all we'll actually end up doing for my birthday tomorrow but I do believe it will involve baking a cake.

 Frisbee at the beach.

Gorgeous sunset.

1 comment:

Mom D said...

Clearly lots of people love you! What a pre-birthday celebration day! I love how Sean took charge. A special child indeed.