Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Day 259


Had our first real day of school today and I'm very pleased with how well it went.  I was a little anxious since Levi isn't napping in the morning anymore but we managed!  I worked with Sean one on one and Nate and Emma-Lyn entertained Levi and then we switched.  I think this will work.  We covered all the subjects I had planned for and everyone was fairly good about it.  There was some grumbling but we got through it and I'm proud of my kids!

This afternoon we enjoyed a playdate at the library and the park.  I didn't tell the kids that we'd be meeting the Bowmans there so they were thrilled when they spied their truck in the parking lot!

And of course while we were at the park this happened:

'Cause you know, that's how homeschooling kids roll!  They pulled out the bins and then happily pretended to be in prison.  Except for Nate who escaped.

This evening as I was tucking the kids into bed they begged me to tell them a story.  It was late and there wasn't much time so I just came up with the best I could on the spot...this is what they got:

Once upon a time there was a worm that liked to live in potatoes and one day he ate all of uncle Henk's potatoes.  Uncle Henk got mad and caught him and threw him into the North Umberland Strait where he became the fastest swimming worm in the world.  The End...
 The kids thought this was the best story that they've heard and that I should be an author...Yeah, don't think so sweeties...but thanks for the vote of confidence!!

1 comment:

Bernietothe9th said...

So they're also getting family living at a young age