Saturday, September 26, 2015

Day 269


 Wowza...It was a bit of a whirlwind of a day!  The kids and I were up and out the door by 8:30.  Levi stayed home with Marko while he worked on his sermon. 

I made a few stops in Charlottetown before popping over to Cornwall for their library's book sale.  We picked up a few books and waited for Maria and her boys to arrive.  I took the kids over to the park while Maria browsed then we all headed overt to the Atlantic Vet College for their open house.  The kids had a blast and learned a lot. 

 On a whim we decided to crash a wedding!!  Felt a little funny rushing up the stairs of the balcony wearing a hoodie and jeans but I was too excited to let that bother me for long.  I had taught the groom way back when he was in grade five and six. Such a lovely couple so glad we popped in to see the wedding.

Then it was time for a little snack and chat time at McDonalds.  The kids played and Maria and I had a nice time chatting before they had to head home to finish some chores and we had to go pick up a pedestal sink.

So glad to get that sink!  Then we were off to Toys R Us to pick up a birthday present. We were looking up and down the aisles picking up different items when I turned around and realized that Nate wasn't with us.  No problem, I thought.  Surely, he's just down one of the other aisles....nope. Okay I'll keep looking and extend the search.  Still no sign of him.  Now the scenarios are starting to play out in my head. And I call loudly for him. No answer.  I look towards the check outs and think I spot his little head and make a dash for it.  I manage to reach the cash just as they're saying my name over the P.A system...Parent. of. the. year! The poor guy had gone out to the parking lot (I don't know why!) and another parent spotted him and brought him back.  Kudos to Nate for keeping it together and being able to tell the clerk my name.  I had a big chat with all of them about what to do if they ever get lost and how we look for a clerk first and NEVER leave the store...Oh my nerves.

We stopped at the Dollarama for a lollipop and then off to a park before heading home.

Such a full day.  And now the kids are in bed and I'm at my friend Denise's place and going to work on some school stuff.



 Great cow hats at the vet college.


 Loved how they painted the skeleton on the horse.  On the other side they painted on the organs.

 Playing a game about what treats are healthy for dogs.

 The beautiful wedding we crashed.

Having fun at the park.

No comments: